Echomax Active X Radar Reflector (24m Cable)
This is a new active radar reflector offering excellent performance. Receives a signal from a transmitting radar, amplifies and returns a stronger signal. This increases the likelihood of detection reducing the risk of collision and helps to alert oncoming vessels of your position.
- Reception frequency: X band 9.3 - 9.5GHz
- Operating Temp:-20 to 60 degrees C
- Voltage: 12V DC - +30% -10% (voltage surge and cross polarity protected)
- Stand by current consumption: <15mA
- Position Accuracy: within 1 meter
- Typical 24 hour period e.g
- 5 radar in the area: <.55Ah
- 10 radar in the area: <.75Ah
- EIRP: 1W (typically)
- Zero degrees 111.36M2
- +/-10 degrees of heel 78.96M2
- +/-20 degrees of heel 20.80M2
* Stated performance level - QinetiQ Anechoic Chamber Funtington 13th March 09
Exceeds ISO 8729-2 effective 22nd July 09 X band performance requirements
7.5M2 @ 10 degrees of heel for motor vessels and 20 degrees of heel for sailing vessels
- Length 478mm width 40.5mm
- Control box width 92mm heigth 51mm depth 38mm
- Weight 327 gms excluding cable
- Cable length 24M 2 core 0.5mm2 cable wt. 969grms
CONTROL BOX for interior installation
- Surface mount with optional base or rear entry cable facility
- Red LED to indicate power on.
- Green LED illuminates when being painted by radar
- One short flash in 2.4 seconds indicates one radar signal.
- Multiple flashes in 2.4 seconds indicates multiple radar signals
- Note: 2.4 seconds is time for revolution of normal speed radar. High speed radar will repeat every 1.5 seconds
- Externally accessible fuse
- Triple alarm facility
- Green LED indicates being painted by radar
- Switchable Internal buzzer which sounds when being painted by radar
- Volt free relay contact for switching up to 8A to control vessels deck horn, klaxon or deck light
- Base fitting: female 1 inch - 14NF (recommended fitting is as high as possible with 360 degree clear azimuth)
- Glomex Offset mast head bracket
- Glomex stainless base fitting for A frames
- Glomex plastic safety rail clamp fitting.
- Glomex 12 inch extension pole to ensure installation height above navigation light
- 12V Deck Klaxon kit<
- External alarm relay (not required when current draw is within the 8A load)
Complies Recent tests by QinetiQ of an advanced, new generation prototype show excellent performance through ±10 and 20 degrees of heel and in the vertical position, fully meeting the performance requirement of the new ISO8729-2 at X-band 9.4GHz used by pleasure and commercial vessels alike.
Comparison below has been made with the Sea-Me RTE which has received very good yachting press reviews and is reputed to be the best selling RTE in the UK.
| Active-X|| Sea-Me|
|10 degrees of heel||78.96M2||24.87M2|
The above figures are stated performance level (SPL)
|7.5M2 is required to meet the performance requirements of ISO 8729-2 X band at 10 degrees for motor vessels and 20 degrees for sailing vessels. |
|Stand by current||15Ma||150Ma|
|External alarm facility ||8A volt free contact||90Ma|
The Sea-Me data was obtained from the March 07 MAIB Performance investigation of marine radar reflectors following the Ouso disaster or the Sea-Me RTE manual.