Furuno DRS6ANXT 4ft X-Class Solid State Doppler 25Kw Open Array Radar
The NXT chapter in Radar technology !
NXT radars are Solid-State Radars utilizing Doppler technology to ensure the safest navigation. The NXT series features Target Analyzer™, Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function to offer optimal detection and sensitivity of hazardous objects. Combined with RezBoost™ technology, the DRS6A-NXT and DRS4D-NXT have no equal in spotting and tracking targets moving around your vessel efficiently with a high resolution.
Target Analyzer™ function utilizing Doppler technology spots hazardous targets instantly!
The DRS4D-NXT and the DRS6A-NXT are the first Radars in the world to use FURUNO's exclusive Target Analyzer™ function. Targets that are approaching your vessel automatically change color to help you identify potentially dangerous targets. Green echoes are targets that stay stationary, or are moving away from you, while red echoes are hazardous targets that are moving towards your vessel. Echoes dynamically change colors as targets approach, or get farther away from your vessel. Target Analyzer™ improves situational awareness and can increase safety by showing you which targets to look out for.
Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function
With Fast Target Tracking™ activated, it only takes a few seconds for a vector to be displayed once the target is selected, manually or automatically with the Auto Target Acquire function.
When the Auto Target Acquire function is on, approaching targets within 3NM range from own ship, which are potentially hazardous, are automatically acquired by Doppler calculation and will trigger an alarm*.
Together, Up to 100 targets can be acquired simultaneously, increasing considerably the safety and simplifying estimation of other vessel’s course and speed.
DRS6A-NXT and DRS4D-NXT feature a new Bird Mode that helps you identify birds gathering around schools of fish at the sea surface. Bird mode adjusts the gain and sea settings automatically for optimal visibility.
RezBoost™ beam sharpening
FURUNO's exclusive RezBoost™ technology has been incorporated into our Radar units for enhanced resolution and impressive performance. With RezBoost™ set to MAX, the sharpness offers an incredibly detailed image with more targets and less clutter.
(the pictures show images captured by the DRS4D-NXT with Standard RezBoost™ and Max RezBoost™ )
- Solid-State pulse compression Doppler Radar
- No preheating time, low energy consumption (no use of a magnetron)
- Revolutionary Target Analyzer™ function instantly identifies hazardous targets
- Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function, up to 100 targets
- RezBoost™ beam sharpening to increase the resolution
- High bearing resolution*
- Can reach 0.7° with DRS6A-NXT, and 2.0° with DRS4D-NXT (when using RezBoost™) *the lower the better
- Bird Mode to find the best fishing grounds by tracking birds
- Simple installation, no need to open the radome (DRS4D-NXT only), external PSU is not required
- New smart-connector cable for retrofitting existing DRS cable installations (DRS4D-NXT only)